So these were amazing and tasty!! Pefect for the summer months when the heirloom tomatoes are bursting at the vines!
1-2 large heirloom tomatoes
1 egg, beaten
1 package IP Southwestern cheese curls
Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice tomatoes into 1/2 inch slice piece and set aside.
- In a bowl crack egg and whisk.
- Take package of IP Cheese curls and place in a ziplock bag. Crush until it is the consistency of cornmeal. Spread out on a plate.
- Dip Tomatoes in egg wash and then coat in cheese curl powder on both sides of tomatoes. Repeat until all slices are covered.
- Transfer to a lightly sprayed baking tray and bake for 15-18 minutes flipped half way through the baking process.
- Enjoy warm