CRUSTLESS PUMPKIN PIE SOUFFLE
Recipe by Janeva Eickhoff
1 IP pre-made caramel pudding
1/3 C. liquid egg whites
1 IP plain pancake mix (dry)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. *pumpkin pie flavor fountain
Walden Farms marshmallow dip
Walden Farms caramel syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the baking powder and pancake mix; stir thoroughly to incorporate the baking powder throughout.
3. Add the pre-made pudding, liquid egg whites and flavor fountain extract. Stir till mixed.
4. Add the soufflé batter to 4 sprayed ramekins (3” diameter), dividing evenly. Set aside.
5. Fill an 8” x 8” baking dish halfway with hot water; microwave 2-3 minutes or until boiling.
6. Using hot pads, carefully take the baking pan out of the microwave and set on a work surface.
7. Place each ramekin into the water bath making sure the water stays just below the lip of the ramekin. (eliminate some of the water if need be)
8. Put the baking dish in the oven and bake 15 minutes. Cool 15-20 minutes.
9. Serve topped with a dollop of marshmallow dip and drizzle with caramel syrup (optional).
Servings: 4 souffles = 2 unrestricted; 2 souffles = 1 unrestricted
TIP: The top will form a ‘crust’ and you will have some sinking of the soufflé in the center; this is normal.
*You may substitute the Pumpkin Pie Flavor Fountain with ½ tsp. Watkins Pumpkin Pie Spice extract, available at Walmart. If you can’t find either, add ½ tsp. vanilla extract + ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice in place of the Flavor Fountain or extract.
I purchase the Pumpkin Pie Flavor Fountain (extract) at http://www.olivenation.com; if you wish you may use the referral code 9670463 at checkout.
For more recipes like this visit Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook – Phase 1 at Facebook or
http://www.janevasidealrecipes.com for the Phase 1 cookbook featuring 297 recipes. A portion of the proceeds will support Samuel’s House Foundation, a non-profit charity helping disadvantaged children and those in need of a nice meal on their plate every day.