- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- dried onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp. ground cardamom
- dash of ground black pepper
- sprinkling of crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth (no sugar)
- 1 large head of cauliflower, roughly chopped to the same size
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- fresh dill (for garnish – optional)
In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-low. Add the spice ingredients, except for the garlic. Saute, stirring occasionally until the onions become translucent, about 10 minutes. Then, add the garlic and saute another few minutes.
Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for about 15 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender.
Remove from heat and transfer carefully to a blender. Blend on high (allowing steam to vent) for a few minutes, until silky and smooth.
Freeze or refrigerate the soup. For each serving use a cup or two of the soup and add an Ideal Protein Chicken Soup packet (use only have of the water as directed on the packet). Heat on stove top or microwave.
Serve hot and topped with fresh dill and ground black pepper, if you like.
Recipe altered to phase I appropriate from: