Recipe by Janeva Eickhoff
6.5 oz. cauliflower florets (cut in bite sized chunks)
2 T. chopped green onions
1 Fine herbs cheese omelet mix
Cajun or Creole seasoning, to taste
Olive oil cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Spray coat a baking sheet with olive oil spray and lay cauliflower florets on top, spreading out evenly. Spray coat the tops of the cauliflower florets with the olive oil spray.
3. Sprinkle with Cajun or Creole seasoning.
4. Bake 20 minutes turning once during cooking, set aside.
5. Turn down oven to 350 degrees.
6. Prepare Fine herbs cheese omelet mix according to package directions.
7. Spray coat a regular sized muffin tin with cooking spray and pour omelet mix evenly into 3 muffin cups.
8. Add roasted cauliflower to the egg mixture and top with green onions.
9. Bake 15 minutes.
Servings = 2 C. veggies + 1 unrestricted
TIPS: I use Tony Chachere’s creole seasoning in the egg batter. You can use any prepared veggies you like, I find that the roasted cauliflower fills the egg muffins cups nicely and almost tastes ‘meaty’. You may also change up the seasonings and make these egg muffins fit your own tastes. Serve topped with Frank’s buffalo wing hot sauce.
For more recipes like this visit Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook – Phase 1 at Facebook or http://www.janevasidealrecipes.com for the cookbook featuring 297 Phase 1 approved recipes. A portion of the proceeds will support Samuel’s House Foundation, a non-profit charity helping disadvantaged children and those in need of a nice meal on their plate every day. Copyright ® 2017
Shared from Janeva’s Ideal Recipes Facebook Group