Recipe by Janeva Eickhoff
1 IP pre-made caramel pudding
1/3 C. liquid egg whites
1 IP plain pancake mix (dry)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. *pumpkin pie flavor fountain
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the baking powder and pancake mix; stir thoroughly to incorporate the baking powder throughout.
- Add the pre-made pudding, liquid egg whites and flavor fountain extract. Stir till mixed.
- Add the soufflé batter to 4 sprayed ramekins (3” diameter), dividing evenly. Set aside.
- Fill an 8” x 8” baking dish halfway with hot water; microwave 2-3 minutes or until boiling.
- Using hot pads, carefully take the baking pan out of the microwave and set on a work surface.
- Place each ramekin into the water bath making sure the water stays just below the lip of the ramekin. (eliminate some of the water if need be)
- Put the baking dish in the oven and bake 15 minutes. Cool 15-20 minutes.
Servings: 4 souffles = 2 unrestricted; 2 souffles = 1 unrestricted
TIP: The top will form a ‘crust’ and you will have some sinking of the soufflé in the center; this is normal.
*You may substitute the Pumpkin Pie Flavor Fountain with ½ tsp. Watkins Pumpkin Pie Spice extract, available at Walmart. If you can’t find either, add ½ tsp. vanilla extract + ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice in place of the Flavor Fountain or extract.
I purchase the Pumpkin Pie Flavor Fountain (extract) at www.olivenation.com; if you wish you may use the referral code 9670463 at checkout.
For more recipes like this, please join us on Facebook at: Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook – Phase 1 or http://www.janevasidealrecipes.com for the cookbook featuring 295+ recipes. A portion of the proceeds supports Samuel’s House Foundation, a non-profit charity helping disadvantaged children.