1 lb ground turkey or chicken
2 cups zucchini, grated and water squeezed out (approx 2 medium sized zucchini)
2 green onions, sliced
4 TBSP cilantro, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp pepper
DIRECTIONS (makes two 8oz portions of lean protein 1 cup of veggies per serving)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix raw ground meat with zucchini, green onion, cilantro, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Spray olive oil onto a baking sheet.
- Roll meat mixture into about 1 – 1 1/2 inch meatballs or other shape and place on sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through. Place under the broiler for an additional 2-3 minutes or until browned on top.