CRISPY PUMPKIN PIE COOKIES
Recipe by Janeva Eickhoff
1 pkg. IP peanut butter soy puffs
1/8 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. Splenda
¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 T. + 1 ½ tsp. *water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add dry ingredients to a blender or food processor; blend to fine crumbs.
3. Transfer to a small bowl; add water and mix.
4. Evenly drop 6 spoonfuls of batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Spread into thin circles with the back of a spoon sprayed with cooking spray; you may also pat down with your fingers.
6. Bake 10 minutes; take out of oven and flip. Bake another 5 minutes.
Servings: 6 cookies = 1 restricted
*Pumpkin pie extract or emulsion may be subbed for ½ tsp. of the water for a more intense pumpkin flavor. Take the water down to 1 T. + 1 tsp. if subbing. Omit pumpkin pie spice entirely.
TIP: Always try to spread the cookies out evenly, so that they bake evenly. Spread them out a little bit smaller than the size of your palm, a standard cookie size will do. Watch the cookies towards the end or they will burn up quickly.
For more Phase 1 recipes like this visit Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook – Phase 1 on Facebook or http://www.janevasidealrecipes.com for the cookbook including 297 P1 recipes from main dishes to desserts and an IP food packet index. A portion of the proceeds will support Samuel’s House Foundation, a non-profit charity helping disadvantaged children and those in need of a nice meal on their plate every day.