4 medium zucchini
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound (500 grams) medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup non-fat chicken broth
1 lemon, juiced
Parsley, for garnish
1. Using a coarse cheese grater, slide the zucchini down the grater, shaving of long strips. Rotate the zucchini constantly, grating all sides, until you reach the seeds in the center.
2. Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large, nonstick skillet.
3. Add the shrimp in and season with the salt, black pepper, red pepper, and garlic. Sautée the shrimp, until they evenly begin to show a pink color, about 3 minutes.
4. Pour in the chicken broth and lemon juice and let the liquid come to a simmer.
5. Add the zucchini noodles and stir until everything is combined and the shrimp are fully cooked.
6. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley leaves and serve.