1 lb ground beef
1 T. + 1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
3 1⁄2 C. shredded cabbage
1⁄2 C. chopped green onion salt & pepper, to taste
1⁄2 tsp. Splenda
1⁄2 tsp. ginger paste (or fresh grated ginger)
1 tsp. white vinegar
2 T. soy sauce
1⁄2 tsp. chili paste (or hot sauce)
1. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over med/med hi heat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl; mix.
3. Drain any fat from the ground beef, remove from the pan and set aside.
4. In the same fry pan heat the olive oil over med/med hi heat, add the green
onion and cabbage. Stir fry until cabbage is slightly wilted and tender.
5. Stir in the sauce and add the meat; stir to combine. Serve hot.
SERVINGS: 2 – 8oz. lean protein. Eat 1⁄2 the recipe for 1 serving – 8 oz. lean protein + 2 C. veggies.